Dmitriev Roman Vyacheslavovich, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. Currently, the problem of corporate social responsibility of business is often considered on the basis of an analysis of social non-financial reports of commercial companies and the results of sociological studies of consumers and the public on socially important business activities of entrepreneurs.
Materials and methods. The empirical basis of the present study was compiled by the results of the author’s sociological research (questionnaires from residents of the city of Cheboksary (n = 159) and the Cheboksary District (n = 252), content analysis of the information portal http://chebs.ru, Internet sites organizations) of corporate social responsibility in the Chuvash Republic of the population, as well as the results of a secondary analysis of the results of foreign and Russian research (data from the research centers of the Gellap Institute https://news.gallup.com, the results of sociological studies of foreign scientists in the preparation of scientific papers (theses) (n = 57)).
Results. Studying the opinion of the population of the Chuvash Republic and consumers of products and services of entrepreneurs, and the results of All-Russian sociological studies of the population on the problem of corporate social responsibility of entrepreneurs allowed to clarify the main problems and needs of the population in the socially significant business activities in the country.
Conclusions. The results of the public opinion and consumer opinion research on corporate social responsibility in the region of the Russian Federation provide an opportunity to clarify the modern features of understanding the content of corporate social responsibility of entrepreneurs, to evaluate the opinion of consumers of entrepreneurs’ products on the socially important activities of the commercial sector.
business, corporate social responsibility, entrepreneurship, consumers, population, socially significant activities
1. Kosharnaya G. B., Dmitriev R. V. Regionologiya [Regionology]. 2017, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 294–305. [In Russian]
2. Veber M. Izbrannye proizvedeniya [Selected Works]. Moscow: Progress, 1990, 808 p. [In Russian]
3. Zombart V. Burzhua [Bourgeois]. Moscow: Nauka, 1994, 443 p. [In Russian]
4. Marks K. Kapital. T. 1. Kritika politicheskoy ekonomii [Capital. Volume 1. Criticism of political economy]. Available at: https://esperanto.mv.ru/Marksismo/Kapital1/kapital1-24.html [In Russian]
5. Merton R. Sotsial'naya teoriya i sotsial'naya struktura [Social theory and social structure]. Moscow: AST, 2006, 873 p. [In Russian]
6. Carnegie A. Cultural contexts for critical thinking and writing. Boston, 1991.
7. Ford G. My life, my achievements. Moscow: Mann, Ivanov i Ferber, 2013, 285 p.
8. Fridman M. Kapitalizm i svoboda [Capitalism and freedom]. Moscow: Novoe izdatel'stvo, 2002, 168 p. [In Russian]
9. Vowen N. Social Responsibilities of the Businessman. New York: Harper & Row, 1953.
10. Davis K. California Management Review. 1960, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 70–76.
11. Caroll A. Buisness Horizons. 1991, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 39–48.
12. Frieman M. New York Times Magazine. 1970, September 13.
13. Makk'yuen Dzh. Imeet li znachenie korporativnaya sotsial'naya otvetstvennost' [Does corporate social responsibility matter?]. Available at: https://news.gallup.com/business journal/125351/Corporate-Social-Responsibility-Matter.aspx (accessed Febr. 21, 2019). [In Russian]
14. Preeda S. Consumer Reactions to Corporatu Social Responsibility (CSR) in Thailand: The moderating effect of competitive positioning. A thesis in fulfilment of the requirements of the degree of Doctor of Business Administration. College of Business Victoria university, 2013, 189 p.
15. Changrok S. Journal of international and area studies. 2014, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 99–118.
16. Korathotage K. T. Corporate social responsibility and Company Performance: Evidence from Sri Lanka: thesis submitted in fulfillment of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy. Melbourne: Victoria Law School. Faculty of business and law. Victoria university, 2012, 317 p.
17. Braun Ya. Chastnyy sektor igraet bol'shuyu rol' v Amerike [The private sector plays a big role in America]. Available at: https://news.gallup.com/poll/117532/Private-Sector-Bigger-Role-Play-Americas.aspx (accessed Febr. 21, 2019). [In Russian]